Method for Beetroot
1. Knead together the strong flour, water and salt to a dough
2. Scrub the beets and wrap them into the dough.
3. Roast in the oven at 220C for ten minutes and then bring down to 150C for 30 minutes or until the beets are just cooked.
4. Remove from the dough and cool
Method for Mackerel
1. Blend the mackerel, milk and cream in a food processor.
2. Bring the mixture to 90C and shear in the kappa and gelatine. Pass and cool.
3. When cool and set, churn again until smooth and then season.
4. Keep in a pastry bag
Method for Beetroot Juice
1. Scrub and dice the beets to 1cm.
2. Cover with brine, weigh down and cover.
3. Leave at room temperature for between a week and ten days.
4. Strain the liquid and chill.
Method for Pine Gel
1. Heat the vinegar to 90C and shear in agar. Set and cool.
2. Churn the set vinegar to a smooth gel and vacuum to knock out any air pockets.
Method to Finish
1. Pipe some mackerel cream onto a plate and grate on some horseradish to taste.
2. Slice the beetroot on a meat slicer quite thinly and place over the cream.
3. Pipe a few dots of the pine gel on the beets and dust with fennel pollen.
4. Dress with the fermented beet.