Seafood Chowder – Method:
- In a large pot heat the butter and sauté the onions, carrots, celery & leeks for about 5 – 6 minutes.
- Add the fish stock, salt & pepper, gentle simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the haddock, salmon, cod and mussels, gentle simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add cream and simmer for 5- 6 minutes
- Garnish with chopped dill and serve.
Fish Stock – Method:
- Melt butter in a thick bottomed pan
- Add the sliced onion, the well washed fish bones and remainder of the ingredients except water
- Cover with greaseproof paper and a lid and sweat ( cook gently without colouring) for about 5 minutes
- Add the water, bring to boil, skim and simmer for 20 minutes, then strain.
Cheese and Mustard Scones – Method:
- Mix all dry ingredients
- Add butter & grated Cheese
- Add buttermilk and mix well
- Knead well and cut to size
- Brush with egg wash and cook for 12/15 minutes at 220*c
Image Kindly supplied by Susan Holding of littlefrenchbakery.com