There’s nothing more filling than a potato topped pie. This spicy chicken and potato bake is a lovely family meal that will satisfy a family or be a welcome addition at any dinner party. It’s easy to make, full of flavour and sure to become a family favourite.
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/ gas mark 6.
2. Add the potatoes to a large saucepan of water. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 15-20 minutes until tender. Drain and mash with the butter and salt.
3. Add one teaspoon of paprika to the mash and stir. Set aside.
4. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the onions and garlic and cook for a few minutes, until softened.
5. Stir in the paprika for one minute, then add the tin of tomatoes and peppers and simmer.
6. Add in the chicken and continue to cook for 5 – 10 minutes until the chicken is white all the way through.
7. Pour into a large, ovenproof dish, spoon over the mash so that it covers the top and bake for 15 minutes until the mash is golden on top and the chicken is cooked through.
Now all you need to do is round up the troops, and sit down to a satisfying chicken and potato bake.