This simple recipe is not so much about how to cook a certain dish. It is more about getting inspiration for a delicious and satisfying, yet light meal!
- Crack the eggs gently on a flat surface and drop them into a bowl.
- Add a bit of water, mix in the grated courgette, most of the chives (reserve some for garnish) and the hot smoked salmon pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a small frying pan.
- When the pan is hot, add half of the egg mixture and cook for one minute while stirring until the egg starts to set in places.
- Cook for another 1 or 2 minutes, then turn it over and cook for another minute until golden on both sides.
- Repeat with the second half of the egg mixture.
- Spread the reserved chives over the omelettes and serve with some colourful crisp lettuce leaves and fresh bread, for example a lovely chunck of baguette.
Instead of using the hot smoked salmon in the egg mixture, you can also leave it out of the omelette and eat it in slices or as darns with the omelette.