- Roll monkfish tail in an even mix of ground cumin and ground coriander.
- Shake off the excess powder. Place the fish in a hot pan of clarified butter and caramelize on each side evenly. Place this into a hot oven for around 4 minutes then remove and allow to rest for 2 mins before serving.
- For the peas, reduce cream, butter, and garlic. Then add peas and cornflour. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Then add to a blender and blend with the herbs. Season to taste and re-blend.
- For the shoot oil, blend shoot and parsley with ½ the oil to a paste then add the second half slowly. Remove from the blender and store in the fridge for 24 hours to infuse. Then pass through a fine cloth and reserve oil.
- With the squash, remove the seeds and place on an oven tray and roast in the oven at 160 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Remove and season. Make sure to drizzle with a little oil before placing in the oven and put skin side down on the tray.
- Place the yoghurt inside the muslin cloth over a strainer and put a container beneath. Here we want to be split the curd and whey. This will take up to 24 hours in the fridge.
- When its split then add sugar to a pan with the whey and boil until you get a nice caramel. Allow the caramel to cool a little. Then add it back to the curd and reserve for plating.
To plate add some caramelized yoghurt in a dollop then some pea puree. Take the squash wedge from the oven. Season and place on top. Now cut your monkfish into 2 pieces and place on the plate. Now add your pine shoot oil and serve.