During cooking, aim to cook your steak medium-rare to medium – any more and you’ll be left with a tough piece of meat. Turning it every minute or so will make sure you get a really even cook.
After cooking, leave it to rest and rub with a little extra virgin olive oil or butter for an incredible, juicy steak.
Remember these tips, and you’ll get great results every time. To make it even easier, follow these simple steps:
- Rub the steak all over with a good lug of olive oil and a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper
- Add the steak to a hot pan, then cook for 6 minutes for medium-rare, or to your liking, turning every minute
- For more flavour, try one or a combination of the following… Halve a garlic clove and rub it over the steak every time you turn it
- Rub the steak with a knob of butter – the sweetness from the butter will make it taste divine!
- create a herb brush by tying woody herbs like thyme or rosemary to the handle of a wooden spoon and brush it over the steak every minute or so.
- Once cooked to your liking, rest the steak on a plate that can collect all the lovely juices for a few minutes.
We try to make things as simple as possible at The market butchers but without compromising on flavour. So for sides to accompany your delicious steak we've used our delicious chorizo and Parmasan potato gratin (Cook in tray and available in our stores) and some tasty steamed green beans.
All cooked in thirty minutes!