- Bring the cream, lime zest and basil to the boil and simmer for two minutes. Strain and pour into 6 dessert pots or glasses. Chill for 4 hours.
- Slice or chop the strawberries and sauté in a frying pan, add the icing sugar and caramalise, deglaze with the balsamic vinegar and chill.
- To make the shortbread, cream the butter and sugar together, add the flour and mix to bring together. Finally, add in the egg yolk.
- Tip out onto your work surface and knead together, add the flour and mix to bring together. Wrap in cling and rest for an hour.
- Roll out and cut into circles or rectangles and bake at 180C for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Top the posset with the strawberries and serves with the shortbread.
A tip from the Butler…
This is a great dessert that can change through the seasons, just substitute with your choice of seasonal fruit. Rasberries, blueberries or even rhubarb work really well.