Fresh monkfish is not to be missed, cooked to perfection in this recipe, the flavours will dance and sing to your tastebuds!
- Segment 2 of the lemons and place in a pot along with the sugar and juice of 2 lemons.
- Heat gently until the sugar has dissolved, remove from the heat and reserve.
- Heat the oil in the pan, avoid letting it get too hot.
- Place the monkfish in the pan and gently brown on both sides.
- Add the butter and baste the fish creating a beurre noisette, Season.
- Place in the oven for 3-5 minutes
- Heat the oil in a small pot, and brown the mushrooms.
- Add the butter to the pot, along with the spinach and a splash of white wine.
- Cook gently until the spinach wilts & season with salt & pepper.
- Place a base layer of spinach and mushroom on a plate and top with the monkfish.
- Finish the dish with a generous drizzle of lemon confit. Serve and Enjoy.
This is a fairly easy recipe, the best thing you can do is prep everything before you start cooking, as once the fish is on this is nearly ready!