What You’ll Get
Enjoy a unique seafood experience when you tour a Sligo oyster farm with your guide Aisling. The experience offers an immersive guided tour and visit to the working oyster farm on the shores of Sligo bay, overlooked by the majestic Benbulben and Knocknarea.
Sligo is arguably the home of the oyster with the Irish word for Sligo ‘Sligeach’ meaning ‘abounding in shells’. The Sligo Oyster Farm Tour showcases Sligo’s stunning coastline and its native oysters with an exclusive tour of a working oyster farm, where you will see oyster beds and how oysters are harvested.
The experience includes a tasting of the freshest Sligo oysters, straight from the ocean in the courtyard.
- 15 minutes guided coastal walk to the working oyster farm
- See how the oyster farm works
- Meet the oyster farmers
- Taste the freshest oysters with the variety of delicious condiments in the courtyard
- Try local craft beer with your oysters
- Hear the stories about Sligo’s culture and heritage
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS HAVE TO SAY
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
- An outdoor experience with a 15 minute coastal walk to the oyster farm
- Children must be accompanied at all times
- Alcohol served
- Tour starts at 2pm
- Available from June/July until October
Located off the N4 Road nearby Sligo Airport.View on Maps
I have been gifted a Good Food Ireland® Experience but it has no date on it. How do I redeem it?
If the Experience I have been gifted no longer exists on the website how can I redeem my voucher?
What do I do if I need to change my Experience for one of a higher or lower value?
What do I need to do if I am unable to avail of a gifted Experience that has been pre-booked for a specific date?
How long is my Experience E-Voucher valid for?
Can I use my gifted Experience E-Voucher for anything else?
What do I do if my Experience is cancelled by the Experience Provider?
Are Good Food Ireland Experiences suitable for all ages?
- Cook & Shop
- Meet the Makers