Good Food Ireland® is the only all island standard that gives you standout and recognition for your commitment to local food and drink, supporting Irish farmers, food producers and fishermen. Trust and recommendation are what we have built our reputation on since 2006. But Good Food Ireland® is much more than a recognised standard, it is a marketing partnership offering access to an engaged audience of food lovers, leisure and business travelers. We aim to increase awareness and drive customers to quality local providers who offer an approved authentic taste of our island. We make it easy for tourists and locals alike to find food service providers and producers that showcase our island’s indigenous ingredients. Through our network, we connect chefs directly with farmers, food producers and fishermen to support the development of sustainable local sourcing. As such we are a global brand, through which chefs, producers and food lovers can share in the local culinary and cultural identity of Ireland.
simple 3-step process
- ApplicationThere are No Fees associated with the initial Application and On-Site Inspection to ensure you meet our strict criteria and core values for approval.
- ApprovalOnce the On-Site Inspection has taken place and provided that you successfully reach approval you are invited to join, upholding standards and commitments
- ActivationOnce approved you pay a base entry fee to join. This covers the cost of the exterior Sign, Annual Certificate and the building of your Business Profile on our highly visited website with direct links to purchase on your own website. Much has changed over the years and we now use multiple sales and marketing platforms to engage with customers. Hence additional services can be availed of to drive your brand and your success.
You have the flexibility to choose your preferred programme
- 3 Star
- 4 Star
- 5 Star
1. Drive Your Business
- Onsite Inspectiondotdotdot
- International Recognition Sign and Annual Certificatedotdotdot
- Brand Licence*dotdotdot
- Business Profile on goodfoodireland.comdotdotdot
- Experience Promotion*dotdotdot
- Inclusion in Gift Voucher Scheme*dotdotdot
- Good Food Ireland® Annual Awardsdotdotdot
2. Drive Your Brand
- Partnership Promotiondotdotdot
- Good Food Ireland® Events*dotdotdot
- Annual Touring Mapdotdotdot
- Social Media Promotiondotdotdot
- Signature Recipesdotdotdot
- Branded Listing on goodfoodireland.comdotdotdot
3. Drive Your Success
- Good Food Ireland® News Roomdotdotdot
- Special Offers/Gourmet Breaksdotdotdot
- Premium Positioningdotdotdot
- Video and Additional Imagerydotdotdot
- Priority Placement – Nearby Places & Experiencesdotdotdot
- Spotlight Promotiondotdotdot
What is the criteria
Good Food Ireland® standards and core values are based on a superior food offering or its supply. Hence you must:
- Demonstrate in a tangible way the link with local artisan partners by highlighting on menus and offering an authentic local food and drink experience
- Prioritise the use of the core indigenous ingredients of Irish cuisine – lamb, pork and bacon, dairy, poultry, fish, seafood
- Showcase the taste and flavour of indigenous food and drink of our island
- Prioritise and feature Irish potatoes, vegetables and fruits in season
- Only serve beef of Irish or Northern Irish origin
- Support and prioritise home baked, in-house cooking/production and handmade items
Membership of Good Food Ireland® is a statement of your true commitment to the local produce and ingredients of the island of Ireland. Our sustainable standards and quality assessment leverage the history, heritage and culture behind the food and drink that makes our island unique.
Please be advised that receipt of application does not automatically guarantee approval. Good Food Ireland’s decision is final and confidential to Good Food Ireland®.
We are happy to discuss the most suitable programme for your business. Membership is open to all businesses and individuals within Ireland and around the World who meet our criteria and share our values. As an approved member you have the ultimate competitive advantage – the consumer facing endorsement for quality food and drink experiences of the island of Ireland.