- 6 Achill oysters – shucked on half shell
- 6 Kilkeel king scallops, roe off and finely diced
For the dressing:
- 100ml light soy sauce
- A splash of fish sauce
- 3 drops of sesame oil
- 1 tsp of finely chopped coriander
- A splash of rice wine vinegar
- Pinch of palm sugar
- 50g of wasabi tobiko- Japanese flying fish roe
Place the oyster on crushed ice.
Mix all of the ingredients for the dressing and combine with the scallops in a chilled bowl and mix well.
Spoon generously on top of the oysters and top with wasabi flying fish roe (available from Larousse Foods or any leading fishmongers).
You may also like
Autumn Fruit Cobbler
New Season Irish Carrot CakeInternational Guest Chef Fred Cordonnier. Recipe baked by Aisling Boggan from team Good Food Ireland.
Greek Yogurt, Lemon Zest and Pistachio PancakesSince 1990, the Faughnan family of Dromod, Co. Leitrim have been ensuring the traditional Irish food, boxty remains a key part of Irish food culture with their Dromod Boxty food business.