A classic dessert for the freezer that can be adapted to suit the season. Simply use whatever fruit is available at that time of year. In this case, we used plums, apples, and blackberries but peaches and apricots would work well in the summer.
- 4 plums
- 4 apples
- 50g butter
- 1 vanilla pod
- 2 punnets blackberries
- 100g sugar
For the crumble topping:
- 100g ground almonds
- 100g butter
- 100g sugar
- 100g plain flour
Buy A Voucher
- Cut plums into quarters and remove the stone.
- Cut the apples into eighths.
- Heat a large frying pan and add the butter and vanilla pod, when the butter starts to foam add in the fruit and sugar. Toss in the pan and cook for a couple of minutes. Transfer to a suitable baking dish.
For the topping
- Mix all the ingredients together until it becomes a crumb.
- Sprinkle on top of your fruit and bake in a preheated oven at 170c / gas mark 3 until golden brown.
- Cover and place into the freezer without baking. Remove the night before and place in the fridge to defrost fully before baking in the oven.
Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Visit Our Shop
You may also like
Spinach & Irish Greek Style Cheese RollsThis delicious recipe if from McCormack Family Farm, a Father and Sons team with a taste for excellence and passion for produce has excelled in creating a range of products that is both innovative and commercial in nature.
Raspberry FoolIrish Raspberry Fool is one of the simplest desserts, made with just 3 ingredients. All you need to do to enjoy this mouthwatering dessert from Ballymaloe Cookery School is to swirl pureed raspberries togheter with fresh whipped cream.
Spiced Red Lentil Soup RecipeA hearty and creamy red lentil soup with a pinch of spicy seasonings. This soup is full of plant-based fiber and flavors. It is a perfect choice when you crave something delicious and comforting.