- 4 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp butter
- 5oz / 140g Burren hot smoked Irish Organic salmon with honey, lemon & pepper or Burren cold-smoked Irish
- Organic Salmon
- 1 fresh lemon, cut into quarters
- crème fraîche
- fresh dill
- Peel the potatoes and grate them using a mandolin or food processor.
- Squeeze the grated potatoes to get rid of the starch.
- In a large bowl add flour and milk and whisk together until fairly thick.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and mix the dough with the grated potatoes.
- In a cold frying pan add the butter and turn the heat to medium. Ladle the batter onto the pan until it covers it.
- Cook slowly for about 4 minutes on each side.
- When the pancakes are ready, add smoked salmon pieces, freshly squeezed lemon juice, and a little creme fraiche. Sprinkle some freshly chopped dill. Roll and serve.
You may also like
White Chocolate SoupNoel McMeel is a chef from Northern Ireland, who is the executive head chef at Lough Erne Golf Resort and Hotel in Enniskillen, County Fermanagh.
Chicken, Mushroom, Potato and Thyme Winter StewA perfect, slow-cooked chicken, mushroom, potato and thyme stew recipe, that feeds a party. Consider preparing this hearty dish, full of tender meat pieces and mouth-watering vegetables a day ahead to allow it to develop best, rich flavour.
Blackberry and Apple CrispBlackberry and Apple Crisp (excerpt From Lynda's Table) When does a crumble become a crisp? I’m not sure. Probably when it’s made by Americans. American friends such as Kris and Annie often give me crisps, which usually include nuts (almonds, hazelnuts...