- 35 g/11⁄4 oz (2 tablespoons) butter
- 12 cooked crab claws, shells removed
- Seaweed Vinegar (see page 352) or apple cider vinegar, to taste
- 50 g/2 oz (⁄1 3cup) samphire (sea beans)
- 25 g/1 oz (1⁄4 cup) fresh sea lettuce
- Sea Salt
Melt the butter in a large pan over a medium heat. When it starts to foam, reduce the heat, add the crab claws and heat for 3–5 minutes until the crab claws are warmed through.
Season with sea salt and Seaweed Vinegar.
Place the crab claws on a platter and garnish with the samphire (sea beans) and sea lettuce.
Credit: The Irish Cookbook by Jp McMahon is published by Phaidon. Photography & Styling: Anita Murphy and Zania Koppe
You may also like
Autumn Fruit Cobbler
New Season Irish Carrot CakeInternational Guest Chef Fred Cordonnier. Recipe baked by Aisling Boggan from team Good Food Ireland.
Greek Yogurt, Lemon Zest and Pistachio PancakesSince 1990, the Faughnan family of Dromod, Co. Leitrim have been ensuring the traditional Irish food, boxty remains a key part of Irish food culture with their Dromod Boxty food business.