- 1kg fish (mix cod, haddock, hake, salmon)
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 onion
- 300ml cream
- 300ml milk
- 1 – 2 tbsp cornflour mixed with 1-2 tbsp cold water
- 1-2 tbsp freshly chopped herbs
- 1kg mashed potato
- Sweat the onion in a little oil with some seasoning.
- Put the fish into a wide pan, cover with the milk and add a fresh bay leaf. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Cover and simmer gently until the fish is just cooked, 5 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish.
- Remove the fish to a plate with a slotted spoon. Discard the bay leaf.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Bring the cooking liquid to a boil and thicken it by whisking in the cornflour.
- Add the chopped herbs, onions and chunks of fish.
- Spoon into 6–8 dishes and top with fluffy potatoes
To finish cooking, cook in the oven for 30 minutes.
Visit Our Shop
You may also like
Ballymaloe Strawberry ShortcakeIt's summer time and nothing evokes summer as much as a strawberry dessert. Myrtle Allen is a national treasure. Everyone who knows anything about proper Irish food knows that. She's a real culinary heroine without whom the food culture of this country...
Easter Scrambled Egg (shells) with Burren Smoked SalmonThe Burren Smokehouse is a family-run business which was set up in 1989 by Birgitta & Peter Curtin. The quality of their Smoked Salmon has grown exponentially from the pubs, hotels and restaurants in the Lisdoonvarna area in Co. Clare to now supplying...
Easter BiscuitsCiara McLaughlin is an award-winning designer, cake artist and professional baker living at the foothills of beautiful Antrim Glens. A baker by day and creative at heart, she is devoted to passing on an appreciation for homemade food and its place in...