- 1kg fish (mix cod, haddock, hake, salmon)
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 onion
- 300ml cream
- 300ml milk
- 1 – 2 tbsp cornflour mixed with 1-2 tbsp cold water
- 1-2 tbsp freshly chopped herbs
- 1kg mashed potato
- Sweat the onion in a little oil with some seasoning.
- Put the fish into a wide pan, cover with the milk and add a fresh bay leaf. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Cover and simmer gently until the fish is just cooked, 5 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish.
- Remove the fish to a plate with a slotted spoon. Discard the bay leaf.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Bring the cooking liquid to a boil and thicken it by whisking in the cornflour.
- Add the chopped herbs, onions and chunks of fish.
- Spoon into 6–8 dishes and top with fluffy potatoes
To finish cooking, cook in the oven for 30 minutes.
Visit Our Shop
You may also like
Bolognese Pita Pockets
Rhubarb MartiniWhat a delight to see rhubarb fabulously starting to make its presence known in the garden. As we are leaving our caves, and with more sunny days, we decided to share this easy and seasonal drink with you.
Rhubarb and Ginger CrumbleWe share with you this recipe which has wonderful flavours and a few levels of crunch with a delicious creamy rhubarb filling.