- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 piece of ginger, peeled & grated
- ½ red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled & crushed into a paste
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 150 g red lentils
- 1-litre chicken / vegetable stock
- ½ lime
- Small bunch of fresh coriander
- Natural Irish yoghurt and freshly chopped coriander
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- In a small frying pan, toast the cumin and coriander seeds until lightly golden.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Pour olive oil into a saucepan and sweat the onions until translucent and softened.
- Season with sea salt & freshly ground black pepper.
- Stir in the ginger and chilli and cook for 2mins.
- Stir in the garlic, cumin & coriander seeds and cook for another 2mins.
- Add in lentils and stir well.
- Chop the stalks of the coriander and add to saucepan with the stock.
- Simmer for approximately 10mins, or until lentils are tender.
- Blend in a liquidiser until smooth. Add the juice of ½ lime and check to season.
Piping hot, with a dollop of natural Irish yoghurt and some freshly chopped coriander to garnish.
Visit Our Shop
You may also like
Spinach & Irish Greek Style Cheese RollsThis delicious recipe if from McCormack Family Farm, a Father and Sons team with a taste for excellence and passion for produce has excelled in creating a range of products that is both innovative and commercial in nature.
Raspberry FoolIrish Raspberry Fool is one of the simplest desserts, made with just 3 ingredients. All you need to do to enjoy this mouthwatering dessert from Ballymaloe Cookery School is to swirl pureed raspberries togheter with fresh whipped cream.
Renvyle’s West Coast Seafood ChowderTender fish, shrimps and mussles in a white, brandy infused, creamy broth combined with veggies and topped up with fresh parsley. Treat yourself to a bowl of this delicious chowder on a crispy spring day or a chilly evening.