The 2015 Blas na hÉireann Awards took place on Saturday 03 October, we here at Good Food Ireland would like to congratulate the Good Food Ireland members who won in there respective categories.
Now celebrating its eight year, Blas na hÉireann is one of the most recognised and celebrated food indsutry awards in the Island of Ireland. From awarding the best Vegatarian Pate to the Best Flavoured Sausage, Blas na hÉireann celebrates all that Irish food has to offer, the awards honour the dedication, hard work and innovation of Ireland’s leading Food Prodcuers and Companies. With the support of Local Enterprise Offices throughout the country, the awards also acknowledge the success of food companies within a county by county context.
For the full list of Good Food Ireland Member Winners please see below.
- Best New Product Sponsored by Invest NI – Honeysuckle Shrub- from The Wild Irish Foragers & Preserves
- Best In County Awards – Carlow Sponsored by Carlow Local Enterprise Office – Best in Farmers Market – The Chocolate Garden of Ireland
- Best in County Awards – Galway Sponsored by Carlow Local Enterprise Office – Best In Galway – Galway Hooker Brewery
- Best in County Awards – Mayo Sponsored by Mayo Local Enterprise Office – Best in Mayo – Kelly’s of Newport Artisan Butchers Ltd.
- Best in County Awards – Tipperary Sponsored by Tipperary Local Enterprise Officr – Best in Tipperary – Irish Piedmontese Beef
- Cured Meats & Characuterie – Beef – Piedmontese Beef Pastrami – Irish Piedmontese Beef – Bronze
- Cured Meats & Characuterie – Beef – Spiced Beef – Tom Durcan Meats – Silver
- Cured Meats & Characuterie – Other – Hot Smoked Duck Breast – Skeaghanore Duck – Silver
- Cured Meats & Characuterie – Other – Poultry Duck – 2 Confit Duck Leg – Skeaghanore Duck – Gold
- Black Pudding – Traditional Natural Casing Irish Black Pudding – McCarthy’s of Kanturk – Gold
- Sausages Flavoured – Pork & Leek Sausage – Kelly’s of Newport Artisan Butchers Ltd. – Bronze
- Sausages Flavoured – Pork & Cheddar Cheese & Red Onion Sausage – Kelly’s of Newport Artisan Butchers Ltd. – Bronze
- Sausages Flavoured – Luxury Apple Dinner Sausage – McCarthy’s of Kanturk – Gold
- Soups – Meats & Chowder – Creamy Seafood Chowder – Carrygerry Country House – Gold
- Terrines & Pates Meat – Chicken Liver Pate – Carrygerry Country House – Silver
- Terrines & Pates Seafood – Smoked Trout Pate – Goatesbridge Trout Farm – Gold
- Terrines & Pates Vegetarian – Field Mushroom Mushroom & Walnut Pate – Carrygerry Country House -Silver
- Butter – Flavoured – Smoked Abernethy Butter – Abernethy Butter – Silver
- Yogurts – Plain – Killowen Farm Greek Style NAtural Yogurt – Kilowen Farm – Gold
- Sorbets & Frozen Yogurts – Pear Sorbet – Glastry Farm Ice-Cream – Bronze
- Sorbets & Frozen Yogurts – Blackcurrant Sorbet – Glastry Farm Ice -Cream – Gold
- Goats Cheese – Aldi Specially Selected Flavoured Goat’s Cheese – Bluebel Falls – Silver
- Goats Cheese – Bluebell Falls Goats Cheese -Bluebell Falls – Silver
- Sweet Dough Goods – Rich Fruit Loaf – The Heatherlea – Gold
- Preserves – Raspberry Jam – Carrygerry Country House – Bronze
- Vinegars – Honeysuckle Shrub – The Wild Irish Foragers & Preserves – Gold
- Beers & Lagers – Galway Hooker Irish Dark Lager – Galway Hooker Brewery Company – Gold
- Ciders – Sweet – Doyles Honey Cider – Armagh Cider Company Ltd. – Bronze
- Ciders – Sweet – Tempted? Sweet Cider – dj’s juice and cider – Gold
Congratualtions to all involved!