- 4 Dromod Boxty pancakes
- 1 banana (not fully ripe)
- 1/2 tbsp dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 tsp toasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp butter
To make the caramelised banana:
- Slice the banana into thick slices and heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Place the butter on the pan and, when melted, add the banana. Cook for approx. 30 seconds, then drizzle with 1 1/2 tablespoon of maple syrup and gently turn the slices of banana. Cook for another minute or until the banana turns golden brown (add more butter if necessary).
To make a stack of pancakes for 2 to share:
- Place the caramelised banana on top of a stack of warm pancakes
- Sprinkle the chocolate and hazelnuts all over them
- Add a drizzle of maple syrup (approx. 1 tablespoon) to finish
You may also like
White Chocolate SoupNoel McMeel is a chef from Northern Ireland, who is the executive head chef at Lough Erne Golf Resort and Hotel in Enniskillen, County Fermanagh.
Chicken, Mushroom, Potato and Thyme Winter StewA perfect, slow-cooked chicken, mushroom, potato and thyme stew recipe, that feeds a party. Consider preparing this hearty dish, full of tender meat pieces and mouth-watering vegetables a day ahead to allow it to develop best, rich flavour.
Blackberry and Apple CrispBlackberry and Apple Crisp (excerpt From Lynda's Table) When does a crumble become a crisp? I’m not sure. Probably when it’s made by Americans. American friends such as Kris and Annie often give me crisps, which usually include nuts (almonds, hazelnuts...