- 200ml of Guinness Foreign Extra Stout
- 400g stewing diced beef – Check out our collection of approved butchers
- 1 medium onion – diced
- 1 large carrot (diced) – O’Shea Farms
- 1 large celery (diced)
- 1 large parsnip (diced)
- 1 Litre of thick beef stock
- Sprigs of fresh thyme and rosemary
- Creamed mash potato – Irish Gold Potatoes and O’ Shea Farms.
- Spring Onion
Stir fry the beef, add the vegetables and cook till tender, then pour the Guinness and reduce by half.
Add the beef stock and herbs and simmer very slowly for between an hour and an hour and a half.
Serve with the champ potato and honey roast carrot and parsnip.
This stew is always better made one day in advance!