If you fancy learning a new skill and haven’t booked a course yet, try one of our cookery classes or demos, taking place during the rest of this month.
January is always a good time to learn something new. Cooking is a life skill. Once you get going, you’ll have a forever talent to feed yourself, your friends and family. Plus you’ll get the enjoyment and nutrition that goes with making great food from wholesome ingredients.
A quick glance around our members reveals a selection of cookery sessions to increase your culinary knowledge this month. Here are our top spots to learn with the experts:
- Cook with the Ard Bia Head Chef. An informative and lively day at this quirky restaurant, right on the Claddagh in buzzy Galway city. Game and fish on the menu, plus dinner afterwards.
- Healthy Meals with A Twist from Granny Griffin, Co. Cork. This demo style morning course, at The Spinning Wheel Restaurant at Griffin Garden Centre in Dripsey, introduces fresh seasonal Irish produce to create healthy family meals. Recipes to take home included and lots of tips during the session.
- Healthy Eating Cooking Demo with Richy. That’s RTE and TV3 Celebrity Chef Richy Verahsawmy, of Richy’s Restaurant and R Cafe in Clonakilty, West Cork. All the meals demonstrated are less than 500 calories, and packed with nutrients, not to mention big flavours.
- Eating for Immunity Talk at Cornucopia, Dublin. An evening, with nutritionist Gaye Godkin, on what to eat to boost immunity and fend off illness in the cold winter months. Vegan and Gluten Free supper follows
- How to Butcher a Lamb at Ballymaloe Cookery School, Co Cork. One of the most popular afternoon courses for those who are serious about good meat and how to make the most of it. Class led by Master Butcher Phillip Dennhardt, a full time lecturer at the school.
- Granny Griffin’s Top Tips for How to Be a Better Baker. Baking is a special skill and you’ll come away from this morning demo at The Spinning Wheel Restaurant at Griffin’s Garden Centre with a super confident approach to home-baking, plus an armoury of recipes!
- Learn to Cook with Granny Griffin’s Five Week Saturday Course. A crash course in cooking everything you need to feed the family and wow friends at dinner parties! A progressive series of demos, that builds knowledge week by week, to give you a good base of everyday dishes, plus some fancy ideas too.