- 1kg Sunchoke
- 1 large Onion
- 1 clove of Garlic
- Sprig of Thyme and 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Litre Chicken Stock
- 500ml Cream
- Water with a squeeze of lemon
- Wash and slice the Sunchoke and place in the lemon water
- In a medium pot gently sweat off the onion and garlic
- When the onions are translucent, add the Sunchoke, thyme, bay leaf and chicken stock
- Simmer for around 30 minutes or until the Sunchoke is cooked
- Add the cream and blend until smooth.
- Season to taste then pass the soup through a fine sieve.
- Peel approx. 4 sunchokes and slice as thin as possible, use a mandolin if you have one.
- Deep Fry the Sunchoke discs in oil at 140° until they stop bubbling
- Remove from fryer and place on kitchen paper season with salt.
- Please note the crisps will be soft when removed from the fryer but will crisp up nicely when cool
- Use to both garnish the soup and to add texture.
Visit Our Shop
You may also like
Rhubarb and Ginger CrumbleWith Rhubarb in season and grown in Renvyle House's Kitchen Garden, this has wonderful flavours and a few levels of crunch with a delicious creamy rhubarb filling. Set on the edge of the Atlantic with its back to the mountains, Renvyle House Hotel is...
Ballymaloe Strawberry ShortcakeIt's summer time and nothing evokes summer as much as a strawberry dessert. Myrtle Allen is a national treasure. Everyone who knows anything about proper Irish food knows that. She's a real culinary heroine without whom the food culture of this country...
Fish Pie – Greenwich CafeGreenwich Café is located on the corner of Caroline St and Maylor St directly behind Brown Thomas in Cork city center. Greenwich is an emerald that shines the torch for Irish food and ingredients at a top-quality level.