- 1kg Sunchoke
- 1 large Onion
- 1 clove of Garlic
- Sprig of Thyme and 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Litre Chicken Stock
- 500ml Cream
- Water with a squeeze of lemon
- Wash and slice the Sunchoke and place in the lemon water
- In a medium pot gently sweat off the onion and garlic
- When the onions are translucent, add the Sunchoke, thyme, bay leaf and chicken stock
- Simmer for around 30 minutes or until the Sunchoke is cooked
- Add the cream and blend until smooth.
- Season to taste then pass the soup through a fine sieve.
- Peel approx. 4 sunchokes and slice as thin as possible, use a mandolin if you have one.
- Deep Fry the Sunchoke discs in oil at 140° until they stop bubbling
- Remove from fryer and place on kitchen paper season with salt.
- Please note the crisps will be soft when removed from the fryer but will crisp up nicely when cool
- Use to both garnish the soup and to add texture.
Visit Our Shop
You may also like
Spinach & Irish Greek Style Cheese RollsThis delicious recipe if from McCormack Family Farm, a Father and Sons team with a taste for excellence and passion for produce has excelled in creating a range of products that is both innovative and commercial in nature.
Raspberry FoolIrish Raspberry Fool is one of the simplest desserts, made with just 3 ingredients. All you need to do to enjoy this mouthwatering dessert from Ballymaloe Cookery School is to swirl pureed raspberries togheter with fresh whipped cream.
Spiced Red Lentil Soup RecipeA hearty and creamy red lentil soup with a pinch of spicy seasonings. This soup is full of plant-based fiber and flavors. It is a perfect choice when you crave something delicious and comforting.